Kundalini Software is named after a style of yoga called Kundalini Yoga, a branch of yoga which emphasizes techniques for tapping into the vast creative potentials within us.
Kundalini Piano Platform
Our flag-ship offering is the Kundalini Piano Platform, our unique music-learning system that unleashes creativity, teaches programming, and promotes true ambidexterity right from the beginning of a student’s journey into music.
The Kundalini Piano Platform is available as an embedded-system with a physical form factor, and was originally funded by a matching grant from the National Science Foundation and the Burton D. Morgan Foundation.
And now, thanks to a generous grant from the No Starch Press Foundation, we are continuing our development of the system and taking it directly into the schools to help students get started with music.
It is our passion to unleash the creativity of the next generation with our technology, and for sure our philosophy is to let the children lead!!
- The Kundalini Piano Platform, which does two main things:
- Bach-In-The-Mirror, a special edition of the 13 Bach 2-Part Inventions symmetrically inverted
- Mozart Transposition Engine, a compiler for creating mirror-image representations of piano scores encoded in the GNU LilyPond format, for use with the Kundalini Piano Mirroring Platform
- Piano Mirror Online Score Viewer
- Van Gogh Flow, a cool program for Windows 10 which overlays your display with translucent visuals. This software is intended to help people be more creative and productive by gently inducing psychological flow-states.
- UPDATE: this software is now available for Linux Mint!
- The Preferences for Leisure Attributes (PLA) Assessment, created in collaboration with Dr. Janice Kreiner and funded by a grant from the University of the Bahamas, to access leisure preferences for people with traumatic brain injuries
- The Kundalini Smiling Mirror, our component for gamifying the act of smiling
- The Kundalini Software Alexa Skill, which provides a voice-powered interface to the offerings of Kundalini Software
Much of the software we develop is open source, and released via GitHub:
Additionally, the source to some of our cooler open source projects can be browsed online using the awesome tool github1s.com
- VanGoghFlow, Linux GTK3
- VanGoghFlow, Win64
- Kundalini Piano Mirror, Win64
- Kundalini Piano Mirror, Linux
- Kundalini Piano Mirror, Android
- Kundalini Piano Mirror, WebMIDI
Finally, I like to write educational blog posts about some of the open source software we write, utilize, or contribute to. Examples include:
- Developing a Chrome Extension
- Understanding Enumerations in Java
- Developing a TamperMonkey Script (for integrating Simple Wikipedia into Wikipedia pages)
- Creating a Cordova Bluetooth Plugin
- Form follows function (or: “Developing a Simple Web App Without a Framework”)
- Creating and consuming a simple REST API
Additional posts can be found here.
Thank you for visiting; please have a nice day.